Friday, January 1, 2010

SAYING GOODBYE

SHAWNA, STEVE, AND CAMERON, STOP BY IN THE EARLY MORNING DARKNESS TO SAY GOODBY AND BEGIN THEIR TWELVE HOUR JOUNEY HOME.
Alone but waiting and seeing far into the distance as all the visiters come and go.

THE SUN MAKES A FEEBLE ATTEMPT TO SHINE THIS CLOUDY DAY.


The time goes so fast when family and friends are visiting and saying good-bye is never easy so we say until we meet again. Our loved ones always take a bit of our hearts with them. At times our lives seem barren and something is missing but nature always promises to bring forth more beauty. Children teach us to view the world of nature at eye level to see the smallest leaf and the tiny insects, rocks and birds wait to bring us a delight of creation.


"In all things of nature there is something of the marvelous." Aristotle in the Snowflake book.


So life continues it's ebb and flow with the joy of welcoming replaced by the sadness of the leaving. I am always glad of things to do when people leave and today I will take down the Christmas tree and the Christmas cards. So many beautiful cards I want to save them all. Today Shirley wants to take us out to lunch but I wonder if her family has plans.


This morning Stephen will drive up in his big truck with Shawna and Cameron to say good-bye.

Our prayer is for their happiness and for a safe journey home.


I am praying for our dear neighbor Cathy who may be saying good-bye to her husband. He is too young and this all seems unreal. I know that one day one of us will be on a journey home but I push that thought aside.


Maybe one of the greatest lessons in life is learning to love from a distance!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe I should have left the putting away for today too. I am kind of wandering around wondering what to do with my self. There are a few dishes to do after last night, then I think I will sit with Randy while he watches his football and start ( or maybe finish) a book.
Sandra

Anonymous said...

Yes, learning to love at a distance is a talent worth developing!

Love,

Rick

Anonymous said...

Yes, Rick I thought you would appreciate that. love mom

Anonymous said...

Did my card make it yet ???
Ken

Anonymous said...

No not yet but I dreampt about it last night so it must be getting close! love mom