Friday, December 28, 2018

"A WONDERFUL LIFE"

                          This was the year we should have watched" It is a wonderful life."
                               


We look over our holiday and wished that it had been different.  Rick looks very comfortable here and we have thoroughly enjoyed his visit.  He was a great help shopping and cooking and just being here.  We certainly needed help.

It is a wonderful life even when things do not turn as we expected.

I know of others in much worse situations.  We will all recover from this flu and Carol's knee will get better.  A family that supports the weaker ones will all become stronger.

As we get older feelings of fear and insecurity emerge but we find our true selves in our vulnerability,

I believe that the walking Rick is doing, buying healthy food, and developing healthy relationships will all help to make him healthier.

We too have to work hard at getting better.  I will have a short walk this morning,
Life can be wonderful!  We have so much to be thankful for!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So happy to hear you are feeling better. It always takes a while to get your strength back after an illness so it’s important to take it slow as I’m sure you will. Good that Rick was there with you as well in this busy holiday time.
Craig sent us videos of the girls opening presents on Christmas morning which just made our day. We were happy to see them all on the 22nd for Craig’s Birthday at my brothers and get hugs. Craig and Leah work so well together doing the “tag team” with those beautiful little girls.
It snowed here on Boxing Day so everything looks white and pretty. Thankfully the roads are pretty much bare now.
Have a good healthy day
Germaine

Shandel said...

So glad you guys are feeling better. I am as well. We are also glad the weekend is here! I hope you can all have a restful weekend and get ready to ring in the new year. We are planning to watch hockey and just hangout. Fun time of year none the less.

Sandra said...

So you and dad are on your own again? So Don called dad rather than the ambulance? Having a quiet day with the kids. Well, mostly quiet. Mary took her car in to get fixed in the morning as the engine light keeps coming on.

Steady-as-rain said...

Starting to snow here in Kamloops, at least at the higher elevations. So I better get my walking in! (The zombies are attacking me on my cell phone!)

Tell Dad he better take that pie plate back to the neighbours after stopping me from doing it! :)

Love,

Rick

beth bennett said...

You have all lifted my spirits with the time and effort you took to write comments.

I love to hear how you are doing

Thanks

Love mom (beth_