Saturday, December 29, 2018

DISTRESS



                                     

Haiti on the alert for strangers.
Good that Rick has a dog to walk and to keep him ahead of the packs of zombies on the heals of his team walking group.  No walk for me this morning but I am just doing a little bit.  I am not even dressed yet.  I want to clean up so I feel life is a bit more normal.  I do like Christmas lights still on


Heavy rain and strong winds send our garbage can down the road.  Dad has to be quick to catch it.  We could probably do with a new one.

Yesterday I had just come in from my walk when the phone call came from Don Uhrich dad's good friend from Saskatoon/  I answered but there was no one there.  We both knew something was wrong and when the phone rang again all we could hear was squawking awful noises.  Sounding like a distress call.  Dad phoned back and there was no answer.

Dad wrote down all the important information and then phoned 911 here.  They were so efficient and called Sask. 911 right away.  They were able to contact Don's daughter and to let Don know we were distressed by his call.  

Don phoned back he is in the hospital and has one of those bad bugs picked up on his last visit there.  He had been to the doctor and not been taken seriously so he was now gravely ill.  He had not remembered phoning us.

They had talked a few days earlier and he had been very appreciative of dad's call.

Don bought a farm when he married his second wife Marty.  They had horses which were her passion.  They live out of town and now he is there all alone.  Very ill.

Things had settled down by the time Carol and Panteli came for a visit.

This really means a lot to us.  So do any contact we have with each other.

Dad will drive me over to the Safeway to bug some personal items.
He has done a very good job shopping.  We have lots of vegetables now.
He will be busy chopping and preparing meals!
Mostly a quiet day watching hockey and drinking eggnog.

I am looking forward to Saturday!


3 comments:

Steady-as-rain said...

Lots of snow here, but I think it might be starting to melt.

The landlords put out the garbage and recycling cans now, so that is one task I don't have to worry about.

Maybe it was just a "pocket dial" from Dad's friend Don?

Love,

Rick

Sandra said...

Why are you looking forward to Saturday? Today is Sunday so do you mean next Saturday?
We tried to go skating at the rink yesterday but there was a hockey tournament. Thankfully the kids were happy to just get popcorn and watch a kids game.

Randy is counting the days till I get home, me not as much as that means back to work.

Bit of snow overnight but for the most part it is pretty bare here still.

Sandra

beth bennett said...

No Sandra I was just confused.

lovemom