Wednesday, December 5, 2018

UNDECIDED

                                       Undecided which path I should take in the Water Shed.

I am undecided about what is happening on Christmas Eve.  Is it still at Carol and Panteli's?

I was feeling pretty undecided about going out for lunch but was glad after wards I had gone.  We had lots of fun sharing old memories from years back about Colebrook Church.  We will have to start planning for the future if there is any chance to keep going.  The church has been sold but that is all I know.

Reading about Mary and Joseph and their reaction to Mary's pregnancy it seems that Mary accepted the news well but Joseph was undecided.  His answer came in a dream as occasionally happens in our lives.

I want to do some Christmas cards to-morrow and of course will be undecided about what card to chose to send each one.  I am only sending a few cards to great grandchildren.

I have been known to change my mind!

2 comments:

beth bennett said...

Disappointed no comments

Steady-as-rain said...

I am reading a book about Jesus as an apocalyptic prophet. That is, he thought the end of world was coming (Jesus says in Mark, as I'm sure you know, after describing the Son of Man coming in triumph via the clouds and with somewhat ASB (anti social behaviour) angels, "Truly I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things take place." The angles had to be a bit ASB as some people were going to get very bad news. I'm making this up, of course, but I think it works. That is, some of the angels had to be rather violent. That would make a good story. Two or three violent angels with british accents hanging about in heaven complaining and waiting for the long-delayed order to go down to earth and cause mayhem and destruction.)

So, it is very interesting. My key question is always, why did the first people believe? And what did they believe? And what did Jesus actually say?

I've got to get a book on Paul next. I never realized that he wrote all his letters before any of the gospels had been written. A bit of a trouble-maker, that lad.

Love,

Rick