Saturday, December 22, 2018

ENLIGHTENMENT

Yes we have both been to the doctor, the walk in clinic.

Dad had a good night's sleep and he is coughing much less this morning.

I woke up with a sore throat and coughing.  Dad insisted I go to the doctor with him.

We now have both been enlightened that all we need is our inhalers.  Dad has his own now. 
We both feel much better.

We have just been taking it easy so have been talking about our past memories.  We both were very much in love but we did not talk about our feelings that we experienced at that time.

This has now been a time of enlightenment.

It is good to have some one who sees and affirms the best in you with loving kindness.

One thing I have learnt  in my long life is that people cannot be persuaded out of their feelings.

All we can be is sensitive and honest.

"t can hurt to be carved by our experiences and lose some of our dreams
but we find new courage and strength in our love for each other.

I call this enlightenment!  !  !

3 comments:

Steady-as-rain said...

I am glad the inhalers seem to help.

Well, there is a silver lining to everything! A time of reflection and enlightenment brought about by illness qualifies for that category, I think.

Lucas, with the help of his mother, has sent me a package for Christmas but it hasn't arrived yet. There is one more day on Monday when it might be delivered at the post office in Kamloops.

I am not feeling well today. I think the water pills I take for my swollen and sometime painful feet can make me dehydrated, so I am resting a bit and trying to drink lots of water. I will take stock of everything and probably give you a call on Sunday.

We have a little bit of snow here now.

Love,

Rick

Sandra said...

It is good that you were able to get in to see the doctor, even if you forgot to ask things. Randy and I were not long at the mall. We got there as soon as it opened and when we left it was crazy in the parking lot. I am sure there were fights over our spot as we pulled out.

I am packed and pretty much ready to go. Mary will be leaving extra early to drive to Toronto, not much longer after I will be taking off.

Well, I hope all of you are feeling better soon and the plans for Christmas work out.

Sandra

beth bennett said...

Sandra
Have a safe trip.
Keep flying when you arrive and till you get home.so no nasty bugs will get you.

We will miss you.

Rick
You do not sound well so think carefully.

I wonder if plans work out the way they do for a reason.

Hope your parcel arrives soon.

Love mom