Monday, December 10, 2018

OLD FASHIONED

           Yes I know this looks unbelievable but dad is putting new lights out.  Never say never!

I have been writing Christmas cards but this will, I think, be the last year.  I will send e-mails and not be so old fashioned.  I think it is because I still like getting mail.

It was a lovely sunny morning.

The house now is one big mess with boxes of Christmas decorations just waiting to be tripped over.
I am giving some away too.  I may decorate the tree in the park if I get the energy.  Not much fun by yourself.

I felt I really needed to visit Joan at the Seniors Home.  Sure enough she had had a bad day the day before.  She was so depressed sitting in her room all by herself she went and sat out in the hall way.  One of the aids came and put her back in her room and locked the door.  They are afraid of her falling.  This really crushed her spirit as her mind is still good.  So sad.  I took her a Christmas card which she loved, chocolates with alcohol which she loved and some special cheese which she also enjoyed.  We had a good visit and at the end dad came up and met her.

It may be putting up lights or writing cards or visiting a lonely soul they are all ways be try to share the Christmas spirit of hope and joy!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your friend Joan is very blessed to have you in her life. How wonderful of you to visit and bring a gift. Beth, you are a very loving, caring, giving person and we should all be so lucky to have someone like you in our life.

Anonymous said...

Ops, forgot to sign the above comment.
Germaine

Sandra said...

That is great dad is putting lights up. I love Christmas lights, it makes walking in the dark so much more fun. I got a little string from the dollar store and put up on the fire place in the front room.

I think I will be taking our cat back to the shelter. She is just sitting in her cat carrier all day and is obviously not happy.

Sandra

Steady-as-rain said...

Oh, I think Christmas cards should always be real, not electronic.

What next? A Christmas Tree on a TV screen? :) Ha ha.

And I am sure you friend Joan appreciates the visit very much.

Love,

Rick

beth bennett said...

Yes I have become good friends with Joan.

We have lots in common with our aches and pains.

Yes lights do make a difference.

I am sure I will change my mind. Maybe.

Poor old cat.

Love mom