Thursday, December 13, 2018

FEAR

                                              Fear can come into our lives unexpectedly.

I spent the morning not doing much as I watch the clock for the time to come for my visit to the dentist.  I had had a short walk in the rain and even bumped into Aneta walking Lucy.  Lucy is very anxious and fearful living in their new apartment.  I am sure she senses that Aneta is not happy.  They both looked like lost souls coming back from the Safeway near my house.

I walk over to the dentist with a rapid heart beating full of fear.  It will be a long appointment and I am thinking it will be no fun.  I will be glad when it is over.

Well things did not go well and I had to have two x-rays because one of the roots was a real mess.  I really appreciated dad coming to pick me up and then making supper.

Most of the fear that I have experienced in my life has been about worrying about family members.  Getting the phone calls about my parents being rushed to the hospital and then trying to arrange a visit.  Then there was the fear when I left them.

There was the fear when dad was late coming home from work which is not the fear when he is late coming home from a bike ride.  I know he worries about me too.

I am not thinking as clearly as I thought I did but maybe that is just my mind playing tricks.

The dentist warned me to take some pills right away and to expect pain.  The pain goes from my jaw to my ear and is miserable.

Pain makes it hard to connect to the inner resources that will help me to find comfort.

There have been many words written about Jesus but I realize that he was truly fearless.
He always spoke the truth even to those in authority and powerful and ruthless.

Craig is bringing Astrid over in the morning and Carol is coming over to look after her.

I am looking forward to a fun time!

2 comments:

Sandra said...

What day was your dentist appointment? I hope you are feeling a bit better now. I had a busy day yesterday as it was our company potluck at work and then we went to the Christmas party at the animal shelter and took Julia the 12 year old cat back. She seemed relieved to be back in famimular space.

Sandra

beth bennett said...

Yes Sandra feeling much better.

See you Sunday at lunch.

Love mom