Friday, December 21, 2018

TRAPPED

We were within minutes leaving for the doctors when the wind blew so hard the power went out.
The garage door would not open and we  were trapped/  I wanted to phone and ask for help but dad insisted he was better.  He is not.  I know what it is like to feel sick and not want to make an effort.
We had one match which did not work but were able to light the burner and heat up some soup.  The fire place gave some warmth but we were in bed at 6 o,clock.  Dad is sleeping a lot.

We will try and find out how others are doing today.

4 comments:

Steady-as-rain said...

Oh dear - what bad luck! I guess the power is back on now.

Maybe go to the doctor today?

Love,

Rick

Sandra said...

I called but I forgot your phone would not work with out power. Ours was off for about 12 hours, till midnight. We did go for a walk in the dark.

I assume you will go to the doctor today?

I have to go to work today to do some year end stuff, the last thing I want to do just before going away.

Sandra

beth bennett said...

Dad has promised to go to the doctor in the morning.

I had no luck getting him into our clinic.

Thanks Sandra for dropping by.

Dad does listen to you.

Lovemom

Shandel said...

I hope you guys were able to get into the doctor! I have had no luck. And j really dont want to sit at a walk in after hours clinic. I'd rather just have what I have and wait till my doctors office opens, then sit with a bunch of other sick ppl for hours. I am starting to think I'm just as stubborn haha