Monday, December 3, 2018

SLUMP


                       Sunday was a day I felt very fragile and in a slump.  How does one unslump?

I feel bad that dad feels so sad about the Christmas lights I took down last year from our front garden.  I did it for two reasons.  I did not want him going out in that rocky front yard.  I thought they looked ugly and I thought people took them down after Christmas.  So right now we are enjoying all the lights glowing from our neighbors' homes

We do a lot of things with good intentions.  This seemed a year of things getting mix-up and misunderstood.  A new day is here and a new year approaches.  We carry on making the best of things.

A good start to unslumping is finally finding the right present for the church secretary.  Something that will give her lasting pleasure and memories of her work at our church.

Then driving out to see Cathy and Glenn in their new home in Langley on a sunny day continued to bring my spirits alive.  Their family has been a big part of our lives and we feel loved as we sit in their cozy living room sipping tea and eating goodies.  Their back yard  is a forest and is lovely just to look out upon.  I forgot my camera.

Carol invited us again to come for supper as Oliver will be going to stay at his Uncle Scott's home for the week.  Dad loves anything his daughters make.  I wonder if he will like his own cooking?  Yes, dad is going to take over from me.  I have run out of ideas.

To-morrow we meet Carol at the library for a Ted talk and after have a visit with an old friend.  Joann used to go to Colebrook years ago and her husband taught our girls in school.

Yes one cannot stay in a slump with this family who listen and care and keep in touch.


3 comments:

Sandra said...

How to unslump? I think it is a lot easier with other people, so you can latch on to their energy and enthusiasm. I always find it hard to get motivated if I don't need to do things.

Is dad still complaining about the Christmas lights or are you just obsessing about them? We took Christmas lights down in the spring, it was a normal non malicious action so you both need to get over it.

I have invited Carol and Pantali to my company Christas party.

Sandra

Steady-as-rain said...

The way to unslump is .... hmmm, if I only knew!

"getting over it" is always a good idea.

I am off to Saskatoon on Thursday, back to Kamloops on Friday. Trying to avoid taking any checked luggage but I have to take my CPAP machine everywhere I go know, so might have to take a bigger bag.

Love,

Rick





beth bennett said...

Have a good trip Rick.

Yes we are over it.

Love mom