Tuesday, December 18, 2018

IDEAS


                        The chocolate cake the neighbor brought over and dad is enjoying.
Actually since he started coughing I put it in the freezer.  I may just throw it away.  I do not think it is good for dad.

Dad is now coughing a lot and I am thinking we will not be attending anything.  I will talk to Rick and see how he feels about staying here.  I will talk to Carol too  Any ideas?
I will talk to Craig and Leah.

Very windy Monday night but it seems like most of the weakest branches are now down.

I was one of the first people in the Safeway this morning and it sure is the best time to shop.  It is still dark but I have a big white scarf on.  I got enough for today and thought I would go again but I did not.  I delivered the present for our church secretary Leah and then starting cleaning out closets.  I think if they did not have doors on it would be a good idea.

The birth of Jesus changed many of our ideas about life and about God.  People in his generation thought illness was a curse caused by sin.  This wold be especial sad when a child was born with a deformity.  The parents would feel guilty and hopeless.

Jesus welcomed the children and even left a crowd of seekers to go and heal a sick child.

The message is that we also are called to care for one another especially the children.

I am thankful many of our ideas have changed especially about the love of God.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That cake looks delicious. Hope Larry is feeling better. I know asthma can be a bit scary as Willy has it as well. I do worry about him but I tend to worry about a lot of things. Oh well, lessons to learn.
Germaine

beth bennett said...

Thanks Germaine
I am worried I am not sure if it is asthma but he\has a nasty cough.

I am washing my hands a lot.

I will talk to Craig and Leah.

Mikie had it and was very sick.

I am worried.

Love beth


Sandra said...

Rather than being worried go to the doctor. It is only the 19th and you are already talking about not going for Christmas?
Oh, and I had eggs for you on Sunday that I forgot to give you.
Sandra

Steady-as-rain said...

Sorry to hear that Dad is not well. I agree with Sandra that a trip to the doctor might be in order.

I will give you a call tonight to see how things are.

Love,

Rick

Shandel said...

Coughs are so nasty and annoying. Especially when your trying to sleep at night. I am still not feeling well and haven't gone anywhere for over 3days. I too want to skip out on Christmas...maybe we all need to go to the doctor? Sorry we didnt call Sunday. Just so wiped out. I slept over 16hours yesterday. I hope you guys feel better. And cant wait to chat.

beth bennett said...

Thank you Shandel,
Not a good time to feel unwell.
At least we are able to rest.
Dad does not want to go to the doctor.
He seems to be improving and so am I.

Love gramma