Saturday, January 5, 2019

ALIVE

Seasons change and these trees that are barren will come alive with beauty again.

Dad and I drove into see Carol and have lunch with her on Friday.  The fields have turned into lakes of water and the ditches look like they are overflowing.

Our lives are made up of many different experiences.  Some so painful we want to forget.  I am who I am today because of the love I have experienced along the way.

I am listening even more carefully to the inner voice of love.  -Henri Nouwen

I am grateful for the love I have experienced in my life that has given my life meaning.

As I pray this morning a picture comes to mind.  It is of a wounded swan that has fallen to earth into a the water below.  Up above his friends are honking and flying by when this happens they come down to join him and swim around him to keep him safe.

All around me my family is surrounding me with love and compassion. 

I know healing will come and is coming as love restores me.

4 comments:

Shandel said...

Very beautiful tender words. I send you healing love everyday. You are love after all.
We are expecting the cold to come
So tomorrow I'm going to get out for a snow shoe. Still kicking the lingering cold. Hope you feel better soon. 😍

Sandra said...

I like to picture it like if you try to stop the pain you are actually putting up a damm and keeping it in. If instead you just open your self to the full force of the pain and let it flow through it is possible to see it is something that is not part of you, but a temporary thing. Some memories are still hard to think of for sure and once faced we may be quite happy to tuck back away where they came from!

I finally started to feel my self on Sunday, Randy and I did the full loop. I coughed a lot at first but the walking was probably good for me. Randy is now coming down with it though and so is Mary.

Sandra

beth bennett said...

Thanks Shandel and Sandra

I am trying to start to write again.

Sorry about Randy and Mary.
A very nasty bug.

I am able to walk a bit so that is healing for me.

Love mom and grandmom

Steady-as-rain said...

Walking is good. Love is better.

I am off to Alberta and maybe Saskatchewan tomorrow for work. Travel plans all up in the air, which is a bit stressful.

My book on Jesus as a apocalyptic prophet (that is, a prophet who thought the world would end in his lifetime) is on my e-reader thing, so I will be reading that on all the planes and such. Almost finished the Nixon book.

Love,

Rick