Monday, January 28, 2019

GROWTH



Come let us reason together.
Sunday was a gray day.  Dad did not feel up to going to church.  By the afternoon we had a short walk to the park together.

I share my story for anyone who has to uncover the lessons of their own journey.

Dad is being supportive as we try to work through the hidden pain that has crippled me.

I believe when Jesus declared he had come to release the captives he meant those who are in prison
whether it be physically or emotionally.

Growth comes from accepting and befriending all my emotions.

Instead of anger and fear I want to feel at peace with myself

A difficult time for both of us.. Our love will carry us through into the light.

"Owing our story and loving ourselves through the process
is the bravest thing we can do.". -  Brene Brown

4 comments:

Shandel said...

Brene has some great insights. It has amazed me over the years of learning self help and digesting previous experiences that were neglected how we can hold ourselves prisoners with our own mind and thoughts. Saturday we saw temps of +7! It sure felt like spring. But now we are getting colder.

Sandra said...

Did you walk to the little park or watershed? It is cold out and I have to bundle up when waking to Pilates. The count down is on for me at work, just another 3 weeks of crazy busy and then I can breath again.

Sandra

beth bennett said...

Breathing is good!

I am reading the book "The Gifts of Imperfection."

by Brene Brown.

I have been addicted to self-help books.

Love Grandma Mom

beth bennett said...

It was just the little park dad and I walked over to.

More work to be done on cleaning up branches and also cutting the

lawn. Good to be out in the fresh air.

Love mom