Tuesday, January 29, 2019

IMPERFECTIONS

The gift of an early morning sunrise helped to lift my spirits.  The man from the city came by to view dad's work on the hedge.  He was amazed and pleased with the job that he had done.  We were both feeling good and we both decided to go visiting.  I had not been to see my friend Joan at the home last week and knowing how important my visits are to her I decided to go.

Dad was also wondering how his friend from work was doing and felt like he should visit too.  He would drop me off at Newton and then go to White Rock Hospital.
                                       I went over to the store to pick up these spring flowers.

When  arrived I was told that Joan was now in the Surrey Hospital and they would not tell me why.

This was upsetting news for me.  

When dad arrived at  the room where his friend Terry was dad was upset to find him in a very frantic state waning to go home and not knowing who dad was.  He let quick;y.

I stayed because I had to wait for dad to pick me up.  The staff found me some one else to visit and she was delightful and appreciated my visit.  I will visit Joan on Friday if she is still in hospital.

As we drive home together we share how both our plans for a perfect visit had no worked out.  We stopped at the White Spot where we have waitresses that are just like friends and they are always so glad to see us.

  I also feel that I have grown as I acknowledged that I am not alone  and we all share some sadness that needs courage to deal with it.  

2 comments:

Steady-as-rain said...

What did Jesus say? Let the dead bury their own. What he meant was, the past is not a place to dwell. If you look obsessively to the past you waste time and energy and love on things that cannot be changed. Better to look towards the new sunrise, the voice of the newly born, the new world coming.

I agree with Jesus.

Love,

Rick

beth bennett said...

Rick,
Thanks for your love and support.

Love mom