Tuesday, January 15, 2019

MIND

                                         Very cold and frosty but the sunshine is wonderful.

I took off yesterday to go visiting at the Home.  It helps take my mind off myself.

I arrive at the front door with several little lap blankets and this old lady was sitting there looking so cold so I asked her is she would like one.  Her eyes lit up and she nodded her head yes.  Right away she wrapped it around herself.  It is nice to see people who have received them

Happiness is like energy that passes from one person to another.

Also my visit with Joan did us both good.

The work that dad is doing in the yard has given him a new lease on life.  He is achieving the goal that he was hoping for.  He gets an idea in his mind and he goes after it.

We enjoyed a visit from Carol and Haiti both looking very happy.

Dad passed his visit with the doctor with flying colors and will be able to continue driving.

We bring others joy with our presence.

The mind will continue to learn through all our human experiences.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

All in all A great day with my favourite human

Sandra said...

That is great to see you getting out. Randy is working days right now so we got out for a walk when we got home from work.
Sandra

Steady-as-rain said...

Cold and clear with sunshine is my favourite kind of weather.

I am sure the lap blankets were very much appreciated. I didn't know there was such a thing.

Yes, I was going to mention that hedge growing out over the sidewalk. Good thing Dad has trimmed it back. I could have helped while I was there, if I had thought of it.

I'm still tired after my 4 day trip to Alberta/Sask. But slowly getting better.

Finally went back to the dentist after almost two years. I kind of left it a little late, it seems, and I have a cavity and a bit of gum disease.

Love,

Rick

beth bennett said...

Better late than never.

These trips must take a lot of energy Rick.

Get rested up and enjoy the sunny cold.

Love mom