Tuesday, June 18, 2019

CONFIDENCE

                       I am confident that recovery from the past is a gift waiting to be opened.

I am continuing to learn more about abuse, especially abuse women suffer from, and my goal is to help others if I can.  I think it is important for women to share their stories and be thankful for lessons learned and new freedom to bring back confidence in ourselves.

It does take courage.

We were confident that when we arrived at the eye doctor's there would be a big wait and sure enough the room was packed with patients and volunteers to drive them home.  The girl at the front desk was very kind and pleasant so that was helpful.  It is always interesting to watch others go through the same procedures until it was finally dad's turn.  He felt he did not do as well as he had in the past even though he had been confident before his test.

We stopped to have something to eat before going shopping at the Safeway where we always wind up buying more than we planned.  It was one of those days when you do more talking to old friends than shopping.

I received a lovely card from the women in my Bible study who continue to be supportive.

I am feeling the fatigue of this persistent cough but walking with Aneta found out she is feeling the same.  Healing takes time.

Dad is much more confident riding his bike with the new battery and he enjoys his daily rides now,

My goal is to become more confident and help others, if I can,  in the process.

2 comments:

Sandra said...

Are you reading about abuse or just talking to others about it?

Eating before going shopping can be a good thing since you are less likely to buy random things just because they look good, or at least you would hope so.

Being more confident would be a great thing, I need to work on that too.

Some of the kittens might be gone by tomorrow, by the weekend for sure. Two of them have not been picked yet.

Sandra

beth bennett said...

Sandea
You will miss your kittens who you both gave such a good start for their lives.

It is good to share your feelings
as we learn yo become more confident.

I am not living it
but learning from it.

Love mom