Saturday, June 8, 2019

FRIENDLY


                                           Lots of friendly people and flowers on my walk.

Friday dad called the bike store about a battery replacement.  The girl was so very friendly and positive which was good.  It sure makes a difference how people answer the phone.

We had to drive to Burnaby which we had not done for years.  Dad just made one wrong turn.  We found the address but there was no sign on the building.  We were about to give up when we saw the bike on the window.

The people were young and very helpful.  They kept his battery for testing and gave him a used one that he tried as soon as he got home.  He even drove up a hill and it kept working.  It is very important that the battery works because the bike is too hard for him to peddle without it so he walks it home.

Carol and Panteli picked us up and drove us to the movie.  It was a humorous story about some older ladies deciding to relive their cheer leading days.  Well one of them had been  a cheer leader so she taught them the moves. 

What happened in the process was they all became friends and shared other fun times together.  They all had aches and pains but the message was to keep trying until you succeed.  It was a fun evening for dad and I.

Sandra dropped by Saturday just as we were getting ready to visit the hospital.  We enjoyed catching up on her busy life.  She really wants to do well with her studies.

We left for the hospital after she had a quick look at our jungle of flowers.

I told Vera about the movie and we had a good laugh.  The visit went very quickly and ended with a quiet prayer.  She is a very special person.

My church family is very important to me.  I am so thankful for the friendly people we meet every Sunday.

4 comments:

Sandra said...

If you and dad are out and about today stop by to see my new fountain and pick up some Peanut butter cookies

Anonymous said...

I am glad I spent a little time with the young lady in the next bed. I heard the nurse trying to console her.

She wanted to die. I didnt say much. She said she appreciated me visiting. She had no friends in this area.

beth bennett said...

Dad I am glad you made your comment.

You befriended that very depressed lady
so sad to have no friends to visit her.

Little acts of kindness mean a lot.

Love mom

beth bennett said...


Sandra we did not go out anywhere but that would have been a good thing to do. I did not see your comment until later in the day.\

Love mom