Friday, June 21, 2019

MEMORIES

Memories live on even as everything else changes

Lots of good memories at the Strawberry Tea.  It was very crowed as people from all over came to celebrate our last Colebrook Strawberry Tea.  Our family moved to Colebrook Church in 1975.  They started having the tea's in 1980.  In the early years I was very involved.  I made great friends and it was fun.

We all made a white cake from the same recipe but they all turned out different.  I was suspicious that some changed the recipe.  It was laughable.

I meet Jane on my first visit and we ended up becoming good friends.   regret I did not think of having our picture taken together,  The picture dad took of Jane did not work out.  Sometimes you wish you could relive a day!

At lot of our friends came back for this final day.  I had trouble remembering names but not faces.

We are fortunate to have our tea in this beautiful church hall.  Before it was built we had it outside on the lawn and we were always thankful it did not rain.

It was a day of appreciation for all of us who worked setting up, cutting up, clearing up etc. 

All the ladies, the golden oldies received a graduation certificate.

I knew that I belong from the first and that is was a new beginning for my life.  

We all look for meaning in our lives and for good relationships that are lasting.

I will face the future when it arrives and I know I will find a new church home.  

I will be leaving behind many wonderful memories but they live on in our hearts.

1 comment:

Sandra said...

I am glad it was such a nice final Strawberry Tea, a good memory to have.

Sandra