Sunday, June 2, 2019

RELIEF

                                            Relief from worry is a very great and good thing.

Some things are bigger worries than others.

I was very relieved when I arrived at church to hear our good friend Vera was in hospital.  Dad and I had been extremely worried about her when we visited on Friday.  We knew that we could not provide the help she needed and most people in our congregation would not be able to either.  She was in pain anddid not have the strength or mobility to move.

The day before I lost my little straw purse that Simone had given me.  I looked everywhere.  I had dad drive me to the Safeway to see if I had put it in the food hamper box.  I got out of the car and ran in front of a car to get into the store quickly because I was so worried.  The driver saw me and stopped  but was unhappy that I had not looked.  Usually I am very careful but I failed this time.

I was relieved later to find it hidden on a chair underneath the table.

I was relieved when Sandra did not come over to work in our garden as I was coughing more and felt too tired to do anything.  She needed to have a rest too.

Dad went to the Safeway to get me a new inhaler which helped to relieve my cough.  I was very happy.

"We delight in the beauty of the butterfly but forget the struggles it had to go through to achieve that beauty."    Maya Angelou

Relief that prayer brings so I can experience each new day as a new beginning!

4 comments:

Sandra said...

Relief is much better then worry, so an improvement from yesterday.

Our new Telus cell phone plan is not working properly and Randy was on the phone with till well past my supper time. He was supposed to be cooking while I was doing homework so I just kept plugging along.

We have been planning on buying a garden fountain and finally went and got one yesterday. It is kind of a big purchase so we had to make sure we both liked it and did not spend more then we should.

Sandra

beth bennett said...

Yes Sandra it is notalways easy to find the right purphse.

Good for you working hard on your studies.

Another day to enjoy the sundhine.

Love mom

nancy-Lou said...

You will have a lot of enjoyment from your garden fountain, Sandra. I bought one about 4 years ago and the number and variety of birds who us it is surprising. I wish you could post a photo for us! I bought it to my new home with Ken and we both enjoy watching them.

I am glad you found your straw purse. It would have sentimental value to you. Good thing that fellow didn't hit you when you didn't look. Be careful Beth.

I made a big pot of cabbage roll soup and it has lasted for three days and I even had company for lunch and ggave some to my son as well. It was good! I am going to try and make English muffins this afternoon. Ken mayb have to cook them on the griddle because I have to teach piano.

Have you seen the two little girls lately? I am trying to think of their names. They are so darned cute.

Well it is nap time. We always have one after lunch.

Talk to you soon,
Love to you both,
Nancy

beth bennett said...

Nancy I can take a picture but I think Sandra will put it on line.

We do not see Ophelia and Astrid very often.
Craig picks them up from day care and takes them home.
He has to take the dogs for a walk and cook supper.
Leah is working 6 days a week long hours.

thanks for commenting!

Love Beth