Friday, June 28, 2019

REALITY

                Most days we seem to be doing much the same thing.  Keeping as active as we can.

Today when dad went for a bike ride I decided to take a bag of food over to the Safeway for the food bank.  It did not seem to heavy.  I am walking by the coffee shop when an Italian man comes up behind me and takes the bag and takes my hand.  He helps me all the way to the store.  He tells me I have to be more careful and to not over do things.

I just laughed and thank him for his kindness.

I went to the eye doctor and I am very blind in one eye.  I have a cataract and it needs to be removed.
I could put it off for a year if I want but if it has to be done why not do it and see better sooner.

I came home after having my eyes dilated with sun glasses on.  I picked up a book and could barely see the words.  Then I realized I still had my sun glasses on.

Life freaks me out at times!

3 comments:

Sandra said...

You are lucky to get cataract surgery, Randy's dad eye sight was better then ever after he did it.

Dr Nolte thinks I need surgery on my knee and has asked me to stop doing my walks. Since it takes so long to get anything done I am hoping my knee just bets better on its own.

This morning is the absolute last time working on my school as the project is due today. Kittens had me up early so should be able to get it done by noon.

Sandra

nancy-Lou said...

It seems we all get cataracts once we hit 70. The operation was easy peasy as the kids say. You will be surprised at how good your vision becomes.

What a cute story about the gentleman who helped you. Good for him. There are perks to being old aren’t there?
We are called the ‘cute old couple!’ We often hold hands and get lots of smiles from strangers. I think it isn’t ofte one sees a happy old couple. We call it ‘our miracle’!
I will be 75 tomorrow and Ken will be 70 in November. Each day is a blessing.

It is misty over the lake. Humidity is hanging in the air. We have air conditioning going already at 7 am. Going to be hot and humid.
We have a party to go to later at my house. Caroline, is renting my house and she just graduated from high school at age 60. Quite an achievement. She worked full time too, plus made the move. She is a wonderful gal. A really good friend.
Sylvester and Tweety are our budgies. When I got them second hand they were supposed to be two males. Well they have been getting into some hanky panky and we now have to build them a nest box. So Sylvester has become Sylvia.
I have had them two years and this is the first time.
I had three, but Lady became egg bound and died a while ago. We let them fly around and they love it here with the high ceilings and all the wild birds to look at.
I hope Larry’s eye is ok. Skin cancer is such a problem for us isn’t it? The skin graft on my nose is looking pretty good. It is about an inch round.
Have a great day.
Love Nancy

beth bennett said...

It is good to know we have achieved something.

It is whenothers see us as happy, Nancy.

Love beth