Sunday, June 23, 2019

SABBATH

     The Sabbath is a gift of a day of rest but in our busy world today we have not accepted this gift.
Our minds are flooded with what should be done and keeping busy frees our minds from anxiety.

Growing up Sunday was a day of rest and time to enjoy famuly  .It  helped when the community supported this by closing stores.  For many now it is just another day to be busy and feel good about it.

Dad and I spent a restful day and did not attend church.  We were a "little under the weather".

We did not find any pots that did not belong to our pans.  I hope the lid turns up Sandra but it is a mystery.

John and Pat dropped in to see us after going to our church.  They have been away on holidays and it was nice to catch up on  their news.  They are busy people. and we appreciate the time they take to visit us.  It does them good just to slow down,

To-morrow dad goes to the cancer doctor at Surrey Memorial Hospital unless they cancel again.  Two other appointments have been cancelled.  We feel his doctor was not happy with dad's refusal of the hormone therapy.

Tuesday two appointments have been scheduled for the same time.  One is with his family doctor, dad's hip and leg has become painful, and the eye doctor made the other appointment with a message on our machine.  He will cancel the eye appointment for the next available day.

We got mixed up about being invited to Carol and Panteli's.  I thought they were away in Oregon but Sandra's message on my blog mixed us up.  I thought I had mixed it up which I often do.

I do believe the Sabbath is a holy day set apart for us to rest from work and the need to be seen as productive.  The Sabbath can be starting the night before and all the next day.  I know from experience that it is easier to rest on Saturday evening knowing I do not need to get up and prepare for a work day ahead.  The quiet morning is good for me.

So whatever you did or did not do I hope you accomplished your plans.

I certainly rested.  Not one weed got pulled.  I read and yplifting book about the power of prayer to change our lives which I know has happened inmy life.

2 comments:

Sandra said...

Sorry, my mistake. I just skimmed the message on WhatsAp and thought it was for this Sunday.

Had a bit of a frustrating day Sunday. Had set aside the day to finish my project with my group but no one else signed on. They are all pretty happy with how it is going and wonder what the heck I am worried about.

Sandra

beth bennett said...

Things do not always work out as planned.

Love mom