Sunday, December 22, 2019

SPIRITUAL

"The mystic heart is the deepest part of who we or what we really are."

I was able to feel the mystery of the spiritual as I prayed early in the morning.  We can get so caught up in what we need to do and be it is good just to meditate and pray.

I closed my eyes and I saw a big mountain before me waiting for me to climb.  I start out and was aware of many others traveling with me.  We encouraged each other.  Then it was like they all faded away and I felt very alone and confused.  It was very dark.  I felt I was to knell down and I did in my imagination.

I opened my mind and  saw I was knelling at the feet of Jesus.  Jesus had an aura like a rinbow around him and a bright light shone around us both.  I was amazed that I too was in the light.  I felt very light and peaceful.    It was just a moment and then it all disappeared.

I then took Spenser out for a walk and came home to get ready for church.  Yes we had decided where to go.  Just about when it was time to leave dad had a bad stomach ache so we could not go.  

It turned out to be a sunny day and Spenser and I went over to the park after I had a little rest.

Carol phoned to invite us for supper so that lifted my spirits.

Not only had I climbed a mountain and felt lost but I had experienced a spiritual awareness that does not happen very often.

Thomas Merton writes of how we all walk around shining like the sun but seldom recognize the light in us or around us.  I feel encouraged.

We are fortunate to have our family planning lots of happy times ahead.

I have been fortunate to have found meaningfull friendships in the church we attended  for so many years.  I do miss that.

2 comments:

Sandra said...

It was so nice to have the sun come out, helped me to see all the dusting I needed to get done. Was able to get most of my cleaning done, but do get side tracked a lot.

That is too bad that dads tummy keeps you from getting to church.

I guess there is always next time.

Sandra

beth bennett said...

Sandra
Good to get thingsdone.

I am not sure about a next time.

Life changes

Love mom