Wednesday, August 18, 2021

UNSATISFIED

Still one of my favorite places just to rest and watch the ducks.
May be I will go again some day.

Yesterday I was busy going to the dentist.
They were very kind helping me walk to the room and get in the chair.
I thought the pain was from taking my partial in and out.
It was a bit red but felt better becaue I was not usig it.

Why was it hurting when I eat and it felt like a cankor sore.
I was an unheplful patient.
I came home and found the sore under my tongue.
I am not going to stew over it.
I will go back only if it does not get better.
I can chew on one side of my mouth so I am esting.

A good excuse to eat some ice  cream!

What do most of us do when the doctor says he cannot find anything very wrong.
We leave feeling unsatified.

Dad is off to the dentist this morning.
He is have a tooth pulled
and it is broken in peieces.
He has to have the bone built up before a new part can go in.
A long appointment and several more in the future.

I felt the dentist glad he could not read my thoughts.

Yes if I am honest pain does bring out the worst in me too.

I have to learn to acept it for now 
and try to find new strength and courage.

 

3 comments:

Sandra said...

And soup and smoothies.

At least you have Sara there to take some of the burden off while you heal.

Sandra

nancy-Lou said...

Pain is so hard to bear Beth. Maybe they don't have you on the right pain killers...or you have to take them as prescribed? It is so debilitating. Are you able to sleep at night or are you up with pain? You can talk to your doctor about it.

I didn't know that you had a fall and have broken the vertabrae in your back...my goodness that must be painful. I gather you need a wheel chair to get around? I hope you can get your strength back and return to your walking etc...with your lovely dog.
I am glad to hear that you have a home care worker come in to help you out. I am sure it makes a big difference!

How are you managing with having people walk Spencer?


It has been so darned hot here all summer...35 days above 30C. We have air conditioning but we grow so tired of the noise and not being able to open our windows for fresh air. If we happen to have a cooler night we still cannot open them because of the smoke from the wildfires.
I will be glad to see summer be gone! Bring on fall. I think we will have cooler temps now.

what a terrible summer for BC too...all those forest fires...my goodness my heart goes out to all those who have had to evacuate and all those who have lost their homes.

Our garden has been keeping us busy...ken comes in with so much 'stuff' every day. we spend the evening blanching for the freezer. I am giving a lot away too. Especially cucumbers and tomatoes...what a bumper crop!

I can't post photos of the garden here, but you can see them on my facebook page!

We have one melon plant that was about 2 inches high and Ken though it wouldnt amount to anything and guess what? It has 13 melons...and takes up about 200 sq ft in the garden.
Our corn is as high as 'an elephants eye"! Do you remember that saying from one of Rogers and Hammersteins songs? It has done so well too. We eat a couple of cobs a day now and all we have are 18 plants.

I hope you have less pain and your mobility improves...

Wishing you a lovely evening,
Love to you both,
Nancy

Steady-as-rain said...

Glad to see Nancy-Lou keeping us up to date on things out her way.

The only thing worse than dental pain, in my experience, is kidney stone pain (although hemorrhoid pain is also right up there, broken bones, too, are no fun) Anyway, I would encourage you to go over to Bob the dentist again if Bob thinks it would be a good idea.

Dad had two teeth taken out! My goodness!

Sorry to hear about all this pain and trips to the dentist!

I hope things will settle down soon.

Love,

Rick