Tuesday, August 31, 2021

TAKE TIME

Take time to be happy.
Do not try to do too much.
Take time to look at old photos with old friends.  Thanks Tavia for the visit.

A windy day blew Carol and Panteli off the golf course into our home.  We sat and visited while Panteli raked and bagged up the leaves.  Good to have the job done.  It just took time.

Talked to Rick on the phone.  He sounded good and is happy with his job and hopes it will continue.

He is taking Gabapentin for the nerves in the side of his face damaged by the stroke.  Dad took his first pill last night and slept well and in fact is still sleeping.

It is dark when I get up early in my morning.  I feel like going back to bed.  Instead I write in my journal.

Yesterday I sat in the car at the park while dad and Spenser explored every bit of grass looking for the best places to pee.  Several old friends have come to the car and had a visit with me.  One thing I loved about my walk with Spenser was making new friends.

Sara is happy with the time change from 8 to 9.  We will plan her days now.  She did laundry and it was also good to have that done.

I know resting is the best thing I can do to heal my back pain.  I am counting the weeks until it should be better.

There will always be enough time in a day to laugh and have fun, to enjoy the beauty that surrounds us in and outside.  

Take time for what is important!


 

4 comments:

Steady-as-rain said...

It is nice Tavia came over for a visit (unless that photo was from another visit?)

I hope the Gabapentin helps Dad to sleep and maybe reduces the pain in his feet. It doesn't seem to help me a whole lot, but I am still taking it.

Always room for another baby in the family. I, too, hope to see Alba at some point.

Mailed off a package for Leah and Ophelia - hope it gets there by Friday!

Yes, it is always good to take time to rest.

Love,

Rick

Sandra said...

Right now my phone is not making me happy. I cannot hear people when they phone, but sometimes I can!

Ken Bennett said...

We have had our lockdown extended for 3 more weeks!!!!! UGGGHHHHH
Not much to report here. Cutting the grass again today, give the knee a workout.
Jasmine selected her high school subjects yesterday after a zoom call from the Principle.
Ken

Shandel said...

Looking forward to seeing you and Grandpa soon. We head out Saturday to drive to Sandy and Randy's.