Thursday, September 16, 2021

Brrrrrr

Very cold in the morning.

Time for stew!

Dad's favorite.
Carol brought the warmth of a visit with stew and apple crisp.

A buy time for her getting ready for Hamlet, Alba and Kim coming early in October.
Cribs and playpens and new outfits too.

We enjoyed the visit and before we knew it it ws time to go for dad's cancer check up.  
We knew all was okay because we had the results from the blood clinic.  He does another one in 6 months.  Good news he does not have to have one of his nasty shots.

Stopped at Shoppers on the way home.  We got our usual items and were glad to head home.

Dad went to bed with a headache.  He slept for an hour.  Now he is listening to the radio.

I always worry when he has a headache.

Rain is expected for all day to-morrow,

Randy and Sandra will be happy to leave for Alberta.  A visit to see kids and grand kids.


 

3 comments:

Sandra said...

It will be a quick visit but good to see everyone.

Steady-as-rain said...

Glad Dad's cancer check-up wasn't forgotten.

Yes, head-aches can be a bad sign. Just keep an eye on it.

I had a bad day yesterday. Moved some heavy things and then got some really bad dizziness later. Not quite as bad as what sent me to the hospital in November, but pretty alarming. So have to rest and rest and rest some more. Of course, this makes me want to eat as well, which I have to watch as I am 250 pounds now (was 238 when I got out of hospital).

Anyway, feeling better today. I just replaced the face-mask for my sleep apnea machine, as it just starts hissing at me in the night now (if the face-mask seal is not perfect, then the air leaks out under pressure and it is like having a leaking car tire on your face).

Hope new Dolly/Polly works out well.

Love,

Rick

Ken Bennett said...

It's good news about Dad and his hormone shot. Starting out sunny today, but I suspect the rain and wind will return this afternoon. I will cut the grass after it drys a bit ( we had a storm overnight )
Ken