Wednesday, September 8, 2021

RISKY

Yes we looked younger.
I cannot find new pictures.
It is getting worse and worse.

The thing was I never saw myself as a person who took risks.

Looking back I can see I did some risking things.
Like dating.
Like getting married very young.
To a husband who did not know if he would have a job or not.
Moving away from mom and dad and my friends.

No Honey moon.
 Long  dreary hours in a dull basement suite.  

Dad was having stress at work.

Our car broke down so he has long bus rides to work.

Times of adjustment and compromise.

Becoming pregnant before I had even given it a thought.

Some how our love was strong enough to carry us through the troubled waters.

My faith and belief in the power of prayer strengthened me. 

I missed going to church. 

We did not have much money but buying a little black dog was the best thing we did.

.  He was some one to talk to and to walk with.

Our love for our family as each new child was born was the greatest blessing of all.

Now we find old age can be a risky business.

We had a good day yesterday when Tavia came for a visit.'

Also Jan came riding into the driveway on her scooter.  Two delightful visiters .

Jan had entered a cooking competition and flew back east and was video tapped cooking in a new kitchen with only certain ingredients.  It will be on T.V. next year.  I hope she won the prize.  She was having health problems at the time with serious infections in her feet.  She is now waiting for surgery.

We take many risks in life with out  even knowing it

I am glad I did!

2 comments:

Ken Bennett said...

My car broke down today. It's the Altenator. The mechanic is here and will fix it by this afternoon. Nice to have friends drop in. We have 3 or 4 weeks more of lockdown .........
Ken

Sandra said...

As I get older it seems like risk is the spice of life. I dont like risk in general but I think not taking any makes for a dull life.

I am doing a terrible job of feeding guests, oh well.

I have emailed Fatma about Sara leaving asking for a replacement.

Sandra