Saturday, November 27, 2021

BLESSINGS

It can be a real struggle to see the blessings
in a lost purse and a broken tooth.
One bite a sharp pain and my tooth came out.
Can this be a blessing?

We were blessed to have Sandra and Carol give us support and helpful advice.
The manager at the bank was very understanding and very kind,
The dentist was able to see me as there was a cancellation.
The staff encouraging,
It is always a painful experience when your tooth breaks and when you lose something.

The broken can be fixed
loss replaced,

We shared our problems with Lora who also had had a bad day,
Her car broke down and the repair very expensive.

She helped look for the lost ends of the hearing aids and found them,
She would look for the lost wallet as she cleans,
She made us an omlet ready for us when we return from the bank,

It is hard to believe we thought we did not need her help,

She has been a real blessing,

Ken has sent us some tags to put on things to help us find when we loose them.
Yes we will misplace things and hide things in a safe place where we cannot find,

Thankful for our caring family who are so helpful.

They are blessings. 

Rereading "My  Gandfather's Blessings by Rachael Remen reminds me that we will find the strength and courage we need at difficult times in our lives.






 

4 comments:

Steady-as-rain said...

Sorry to hear about the snapped tooth - that is one of the worst feelings/sounds in the world!

I am glad Laura is fitting in well.

Hopefully the purse will be found soon.

These location things that Kenny sent seem like a good idea.

I had a very tough week, but very interesting stuff going on with work (so interesting that I am afraid to take sick-days for fear somebody else will screw up my projects!). I am dealing with some engineers in Australia who are helping us review a major proposed mine expansion. So that is a new angle on things. They are 18 hours ahead of us, so it is like trying to figure out a suitable time to talk with Kenny.

I won't be leaving Kamloops this Christmas. So I am going to try and make a point of mailing paper Christmas Cards for everybody. And presents for Astrid and Ophelia.

Love,

Rick

Sandra said...

Sorry I cancelled lunch. The kitten seems to be fine, though the vet did not x-ray her. Hopefully your day improved and you feel better, with or without your wallet.

Ken Bennett said...

Looks like the first tag can go on Moms purse. Too bad about your tooth.
ken

Shandel said...

Ouch!! That sounds so painful. I hope the purse is found. It is good to know it can all be replaced.