Tuesday, November 23, 2021

FEAR NOT

When I heard the news from Carol,
I started feeling anxious and afraid for her.

That morning I started reading the story about the angel appearing to Mary,
He told her to "fear not,"
All of a sudden I felt that God was speaking to me.
Fear not He was saying,
I felt the comfort of a loving  Presence,
soul comfort,
God speaks to each one of us in different ways,
In nature or in the words of a friend,
or in the words of scripture.
Listen!

Now I am having troubles with putting my hearing aids in.  I feel very old and stupid.
I will ask Laura to help me to morrow,
I want to feel confident when I am wearing them,

I am being picked up for Bible study to-morrow,  We have been invited to a beautiful home for lunch.
I am looking forward to getting out,

The amazing thing was I am reading a book called "Call the Midwife",  Our study is about the midwives who refused to obey Pharaoh and kill all the boy babies at birth,  He was very angry and afraid,  These women were risky their lives by disobeying him.  Little did they know they were protecting a baby called Moses who would lead his people out of slavery.  His mother and sister hid him in a basket and put him in the water to keep him safe.  He was rescue by Pharaoh's daughter and is mother was able to come and nurse him until he became old enough to go and live with the daughter as her son,

God works in mysterious ways hears us when we are anxious.

I was thinking how our lives are changed when we have children.  
We want the best for them,

I WONDER how Ken made out at the doctor's today.

   

 

3 comments:

Catherine G said...

Thank you for sharing that, Beth. I love your blogs.

Anonymous said...

It is not a matter of being stupid, just learning a new skill. Since you know it is possible you just need practice. I really hope you stick it out and these are a help to you. And then maybe it will inspire Ricky to get some himself.

Carol seems very unconcerned so you can always just take your cue from her.

I went to a yoga class last night. I was very ansiouse about it. I dont like doing anything new, I dont like not knowing where I am going, I dont like being in a room with thin bendy women, I dont like not knowing the dress code, and with COVID I dont like not knowing the protocols of where to stand, how close to people I can be, mask or no mask, santize when and where.

But I went because I am not motivated enough to do it at home.

Ended up it was just me and one other woman who was 67 and not thin nor paticularily bendy! She was very freindly and so was the instructor and even though it took me 45 minutes to get there and then when I went home I missed my turn and ended up going over the Port Mann bridge!!! I will go back.

Sandra

Ken Bennett said...

Mom I go to Dr on Monday. Good on you Sandra for trying something new. More rain and cool weather for the next few days. Keep up with your hearing aides mom.
ken