Sunday, November 28, 2021

INTENTIONS

Walking at night with Spenser.
Just a short walk down the street,

I have many good intentions,
Too bad the invitation to Sandra and Randy's house was cancelled.
They had to get help for the kitten.
We had planned on going to the bank
but both of us where very tired and we failed to do it,

Dad was happy watching hockey and football.
I had a long nap,

Watching the news, 
the rain is destroying the farm land and the homes
of so many,
More rain in the forecast.
It is so tragic.

MAY they never give up hope
May these obstacles inspire a new determination.
May faith in our communities give us courage
and the support of places to live and food to eat.
How awful to 
be homeless. 

It takes an inner strength to keep hoping
knowing the sun will shine again
and to believe that not all is lost,

I add prayers for these people
to my family prayers,
When the news is bad, more bad than good,
I am thankful for our loved ones,

Thankful for the Christmas lights
that remind us that the world may seem dark
but we try to keep lights burning
in our little corner of the world. 

1 comment:

Shandel said...

I am also enjoying all the Christmas lights going up. We put up my dads little tree last night.