Wednesday, November 10, 2021

PURPOSE

The path we are on gives life a purpose.

Yesterday Carol drove us to the Hearing doctor. Heading out to the car the wind nearly blew us over.  It felt like winter.

 I knew my hearing was not good.

Carol parked near the font door but we reached the door the sign said go to the back door which was way around the back.  We were questioned before we could enter.  The purpose was to make sure we had no Covid germs. Both the receptionist and the doctor were kind.  I had trouble hearing and understanding.  No wonder dad and I get things mixed up.  I often say to dad "Well I did tell you."
I return on Monday to get fitted and there is three weeks trial.

We went out to lunch but the place was too noisy.  
Too much noise makes it hard to hear too.
The hearing aids have been improved.
I feel I will be able to get used to them.

It was good to visit with Carol.

She is looking forward to having Morgan visit on the week end and also we will celebrate Panteli's birthday. on Sunday.  

I feel dumb when I cannot hear,  I want to be able to respond to others intelligently,

There is also a need to be spiritual and find the purpose that gives life meaning.
Wake up and live life  to the fullest.  Respond to others with compassion and warmth.
The inner journey has a lasting purpose and a deeper meaning that opens the heart.

We want to be open and honest.

 

3 comments:

Shandel said...

We are all here for the experience, it's a wild ride for sure. You are very inspiring and positive. I appreciate hearing your thoughts. We are grateful for one more day without snow. I am already counting down to Spring.

Steady-as-rain said...

Glad you looked into hearing aids. Very nice that Carol took you.

I may need hearing aids myself. One of my friends think so.

Trying to rest and rest so more today. Not feeling well.

Love,

Rick

Sandra said...

Went out for brunch with my old work friends, first time in 2 years. It was great to see everyone and catch up.

I hope you give these hearing aids a real try this time and wear them consistently.

Sandra