Tuesday, November 16, 2021

DISASTER



 This is a huge pool of water in our  Safeway parking lot.

We have been listening to the news and watching on the T,V. about the mud slides that have closed roads around Abbotsford and Merit and cars that were sliding down the mountain and people being trapped all night.  They rescued them today.  

Others have had to leave their homes and find shelter any where they can.  Business people have been very generous and kind to allow people to sleep there, some on the floor.  Trucks and the railway that usually bring food in are prevented form coming in.  The railway is also unable to bring supplies.

It certainly is a great disaster.  Homes are flooded and full of mud and dubrie.  It is shocking,  How will people recover?  It seems like there is one disaster after another.  Strangers are helping each other to cope.

We are thankful to be in our warm home.
We drove to the library to get information on hearing aids.
The girl was very kind and printed material out for us.
I know I am having a hard time not hearing what others are saying.
The trouble is you. find it an effort to get fitted with the right ones.

I am thankful that Carol and Sandra are helping me,

"An amazing life requires resilience.".

"An  amazing life requires optimism,"

"An amazing life requires acceptance."

"An amazing life requires a sense of humor."

:An amazing life requires a creativity".

"An amazing life requires meaning."

"An amazing life requires thankfulness,"

"Life is short where your party pants."  -Lorette Laroche.

An amazing life believes even in difficult times.
that they are not alone.  There is a higher power
that knows us and is with  us.

I am recovering from my miserable stomach problems
but it was  a good reminder of the pain that comes when I eat the wrong things.
I find Christmas a time when I am temped to cheat. 
Not this year.
 

   







 

3 comments:

Sandra said...

At least you know it wasn't the cheesecake! It is funny but I am like that with dark chocolate. I had a bit a couple of days ago and the reminder of how much it bothers me will keep me safe from doing that for a long time!

I do not have an amazing life, but that is Ok, I dont have a horrible one either.

Sandra

Ken Bennett said...

We have had extreme weather here as well. Rain and wind, today wind gusts of over 80km are forecasts. not much rain but poss thunderstorms. Jasmine got measured for her new HIGH SCHOOL uniform yesterday. Today I have to pay for it, lol. Matthew is not well, today is the second day he is staying home from school, he has a headache and an upset stomach.
Ken

Shandel said...

It is so incredibly sad what is happening in BC. One disaster after the next. Floods and fires. My supervisor at work, her brother was one of the ppl killed in the mud slides. Such a tragedy.