Monday, November 15, 2021

CHAOS


Our world is changing.
Gone are the peaceful walks,
Powerful winds and heavy rain.

Thanks for the phone call Ken.
We were heading out into the dark and wild night,
We were looking forward to having supper with Morgan,
We were disappointed she had already gone home with Ben/
I am thankful Carol was not driving to Chilliwack,

We had a nice quiet dinner at the River Inn.

I started filling sick as soon as I arrived home,
I must have had some gluten maybe in the cheese cake.
I had forgotten how bad these attacks can be,

I will now watch  the news,
It is chaos for some driving on the highway,

 

 

2 comments:

Ken Bennett said...

BIG DRAMA...Our puppy escaped and ran away last night. Jasmine had her on a leash but she broke it. Melina and Jasmine ran after the black puppy in the black and rainy night. I waited at home in case she came back. The girls got soaking wet feet running after the dog. I phoned Melina and after 15 mins she had still not found LUNA. I walked outside with the car keys about to start on a more wide range search.....when I heard a familiar bark...she had returned home. Melina and Jasmine were very happy I had found her, LOL.
Ken

Steady-as-rain said...

Sorry about the gluten accident.

Things are pretty wild with all the highway closures. I am okay for food for now.

My mouth is often sore, so I've gotten in the habit of having a glass of Bailey' Irish cream with ice after dinner. It helps soothe my mouth a bit, but I also just like it anyway. It is the only sweet thing I allow myself these days.

Good thing Kenny found the missing puppy.

Hope you are feeling better.

Love,

Rick