Thursday, November 4, 2021

PROMISES


We have kept out promise to love each other
in sickness and in health.

It has been a rainy day.
The rainbow reminds me of the promises that God has made.

"I have made the rainbow in the clouds and it will be a sign 
of the covenant between me and the earth".
Genesis 9:13

He promises to be with us.
I am always amazed when I see a rainbow!

I am doing a lot of reading.
I am reading "31 Bond Street"
A woman has been charged with the murder of her husband
and she is now on trail.
Is she guilty or innocent?
Will they find out the truth.
Every chapter gets more complicated.

Another book is "Life That Loves to Happen".
Life is just not about solving problems
It is about choosing to find joy in the little things.
We all need to take time to laugh and dance and sing.

"Be still and know I am God."

Spenser and I walked in the light rain..
After a short rest we all went to Shoppers.
We had a light lunch.
Dad wants to eat out but he usually ends up ordering fish and chips/

I realize the quiche was not a good choice for him yesterday.
Laura had never made this and she did a good job.

Dad goes for his third shot to-morrow.
It is in White Rock at noon.

"Just for today
I will strive to recognize
the beauty within myself."
The love of my family and friends.
I will embrace all that is good
and find hope in the promises
that God has spoken into my heart.
Be aware that all of life is sacred 
Joy comes in the morning of a new day!

 

2 comments:

Catherine G said...

what a great picture!

Sandra said...

I did not see the rainbow, but I did hear about it. My sleep is going wonky right now so while it was a beautiful evening I just did not want to go out.

I am just reading 1 book right now. Since I read books back to back I have to try and make sure they are different enough or I might expect a character from the previous book to show up in the current one.

Just like before dad started with his enzyme pills it is more likely that his snacking is more of a culprit for issues rather than blaming a healthy meal with ingredients he eats all the time.

Not too many more weeks till you get your booster shot as well. Randy and I will get ours ahead of many others since we had double astra zeneca which they have now decided starts to fade faster?

Sandra