Sunday, July 3, 2022

COURAGE

 

Courage.
I never thought it would take courage to go to church.
I feel I should go because I have gone to church my whole life.
I know I really do not like crowds'
I feel a little strange.

I was reading from Mark's gospel.
The disciples had been having a wonderful time
hanging out with Jesus.
When he said we need to be on the other side of the lake
they felt confident.

Then the wind started to blow
They were out on the water in a violent storm.

They woke Jesus up and begged him to do something.
To be a believer does take courage.
"How is it you have no faith?" Jesus asks.

There have been times in my life  when I have felt afraid.
Is there really a purpose in our difficulties?

The disciples were just starting to learn who Jesus was and the power he had over evil
and over our difficulties.  Sometimes it felt stormy.  Sometimes it feels like Jesus is asleep and is not answering our prayers,  

Life does take courage!

It takes courage to admit we do not know all the answers.

Today I will read scripture
and pause as I read to listen to what I need to learn form it.
I will pray for a stronger faith
and for family and friends.

.Waiting for the rain to stop before I walk Spenser.

3 comments:

Ken Bennett said...

Sydney has flooded again. Fourth time this year. Here in Melbourne, it is cold and sunny. Rocky has become with possums in the trees in the back yard, he just sits there in the dark and the cold staring up at the trees. He will sit there for hours.
Ken

Sandra said...

We have had a busy the me here in Alberta and head back into BC tomorrow. First stop Mount Robson.

Catherine G said...

Thank you, Beth.