Thursday, September 15, 2011

DULL

It was a very dull and dreary day yesterday.  I think dad and I were feeling dull inside, although I had my walk and dad rode his bike with his weights on his feet.  I am already feeling weak legs on my walks just for missing a week.

Every sunny day now will be a gift from heaven.

Sandra will be having a tough day today as she goes to get her teeth implants.  If you read this say a little prayer for her.

It is hard to believe that just a week ago we woke up to a sunny warm day in Kamloops walking over to the near by restaurant for breakfast.  We packed the car feeling good and excited the closer we were getting to Edmonton.

We stopped at an antique store at Barrier.

Dad was delighted with this fellow but thankfully the car was too full he wouldn't fit in.

The original store had burnt down in the terrible fire there years earlier.

We stopped to read about the fire and look at the pictures of the burnt out town.  I cannot imagine how hopeless people must have felt losing their homes and all the treasures of a life-time.  There would be feelings of anger and pain as the knowledge of a dropped cigarette but cause the fire to start.  This only adds to the despair and fear about the future.  People helped support one another so that they did not feel so alone in their doubts and fears.

Old dreams need to be replaced by new ones as the life around us and the health within us changes.

We all face challenges in life, some harder than others.  I am trusting today and everyday in the unseen reality I feel is God.  I know that when I feel down reaching out to listen and care about others seems to lift my spirits and help me regain the assurance that even as I grow older that my life has meaning,

It is so much easier when we can be active and achieve goals but it now takes a new kind of courage with a sense of humor to overcome negative thoughts.

No comments: