Monday, September 19, 2011

TRUE LOVE

The morning finally arrives when the young couple, surrounded by family and friends declare their love for one another.

No sign of cold feet only a shy and happy groom.

Shandel was ecstatic and beautiful as her dream was coming true.

This young couple had a lot of stress taken out of the planning by the extraordinary hard work that Shawna and Sandra had put into fixing up the basement for the cousins from B.C. to stay there.

Stephen was a wonderful host and helped finishing the bathroom and he greeted us all with a beaming smile.  I was certainly impressed with all the "true" love that had gone into these preparations.  I cannot imagine the panic that would be felt if the gang from B.C., Brisbane and the Grand Caymans had cahanged their plans at the last minute.  Human nature can make us vulnerable to making wrong decisions; reminding us all of how imperfect we all at are.

The ceremony was short and the setting very peaceful as they said their vows of commitment.

I was extremely proud of both my grandsons.  They both looked so very happy.


Rick was determined to come by himself or with his son Christopher.  I was proud to see him there!



I wonder what they are thinking. 

Craig and Leah were very good sports and both helpful and joyous!


Stephen and Shawna your love was a gift to us all.  Thank you for sharing your home and having such a great party to start the week-end off in a festive note!  I have never seen Stepnen smile so much!


Yes there were lots of pictures taken and we left with many happy memories.



Now they had signed their marriage agreement so it is all legal. 

The most beautiful thing any heart can feel is loved.  This does not mean that there will not be good and not so good times in the years ahead as they mature and grow closer during the tough times.  It was a lovely wedding and dad and I are very happy for them both!

I am tired as I write this morning after having our group over last night.  Everyone enjoyed the squares and cookies baked so lovingly by Sandra.  Over the years I have tried to show my family my love for them as I baked and cleaned and took part in watching many of their activities!

4 comments:

Shandel said...

I am so happy you enjoyed yourselves here! and i am sooo happy that you could make it! it was truly lovely and just the way we wanted it. I have so much love and gratitude towards everyone that came and to everyone that put hard work and positive energy into making it a fabulous time for all of us. Great photos you got Grandma Beth. Also i LOVED your gift!! it is very beautiful. and it looks old! have you had it for a while? is there more of a story behind it other then about the swans that Grandpa Larry shared with me? i love hearing about stories or memories behind possessions that we have. You hit the nail right on the head when you said our dreams came true. it is a wonderful feeling to know i am Cameron's wife and to be Shandel Parsons.:D
xo

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that the squares were OK, if Randy would have been home he could have pre tested them for you. I am always asking Randy all the time what love is as I dont like the silly way TV and movies make it out to be. But I guess the best answer is just you know it when you feel it. Sandra

Anonymous said...

nice memories mom.
Ken

Anonymous said...

Well done Mom, and a nice comment from Shandel as well!

Love,

Rick