Friday, September 30, 2011

CONTRASTS

A day of contrasts.

It starts out so cold in the morning but before you know the sun shines
and warms the air so that it almost feels hot.  I actually put on long underwear to go for my morning walk and I meet young kids off to school in their shorts and light tops.  I get goose bumps just looking at them. 

I had a amazing wonderful day for my anniversary.  Dad decided I needed some new clothes so said lets go shopping.  Value Village I suggested.  No I want you to have something nice.  So off to hte ladies Suzanne's in Scotsdale.  I look for plain and comfortable in big sizes and dad looks for fancy smaller sizes.  In the end we made some very good choices.

I was feeling very young at heart, very loved and spoilt.  I am very blessed to have such a caring AND helpful husband.

I next set off to visit Jim and Freda, pleased to be taking him his home baked chocolate cookies.  He was absolutely miserable and I know that he has good reasons to be.  He is lonely and leads a miserable life and he admitts his thoughts are dark and negative.  Maybe the change in the weather is making him mean to the extreme and I know I should not feel hurt by his hateful depression but I do.  It could also bee his meds.  A learning experience for me to teach me to ask if he wants a visit or not.

Fortunely Freda is a dear soul and cheers me up as we laugh together.  Her life has changed a lot since she moved in there she lived in a small but beautiful apartment where she had a flower garden she loved taking care of.  She has been married twice and both her husbands died. I am reminded that it is a gift when some one wants to share the story of their life with you.  She is thrilled to hear it is my anniversary.

The day end joyously as dad and I went out to the North Shore Golf Club with Jane, my dear friend, and hubby Geof.  We get along famously.  The view is beautiful and our meal excellent.  It was so good to relax and just have fun together.

What a happy note to end a glorious day on.  Life that is lived aware of the sacredness of all life flows through the moments of the day.  All things great and small make a pattern that weaves the sadness and the joys to create something lasting and meaningful.

Yes the leaves are turning colour and are falling one by one and the days are growing darker but joy comes in unexpected moments of happiness and contentment.  I have had a busy but productive week.

What about you?  And yes Jane I did see the things you saw in my picture that I did not realize where there until you mentioned them!  !  !  The woman in the burka was our umbrella and there was an angel in the tree along with scissors!  !

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hm, sounds like I will have to look at your pictures more carefully. Glad to hear you had such a nice day.
Sandra