Friday, September 16, 2011

NORMAL

Driving through a world of beauty for me is a spiritual experience.  Breath taking views of mountains and rushing streams and giant trees seem to transform and lift the soul out of the normal everyday work of life.

Too soon I will be back home unpacking, washing, and cleaning and shopping and carrying groceries home from the store.  But there is a time just to enjoy the beauty of nature and to surrender to the spirit that lives deep within us.

I was hoping to see some animals but had only a glimpse of a deer thinking of crossing the road but bounding back into the trees.  Dad and I are happy as we travel on towards our goal of Jaspher.  We go to our usual motel but this time we are on the third floor and climbing up there with our cases seemed to me like climbing a mountain.  I was completely out of breath at the top.  Hunger would force me to descend to enjoy a walk around the town, the warm summer air, and a meal on top of the roof at the pizza place.

It has been another awe inspiring day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dad said you might drop by today, but I guess not. I think I am going to be forced out of the house to forage for food so I will stop by then, sometime in the afternoon. sANDRA