Wednesday, September 28, 2011

HILARIOUS

I laughed out loud  as I was reading about the wroter who was so much like me.  She even gets up at 5:30.  She started journaling her thoughts at a time in her life when she was feeling miserable and like me when she went to reread them she destroyed them.  It was like I was sitting with her sharing in her laughter as she  visits with friends, even picks up community garbage' she loves old quotes and is having to deal with getting older.  She is searching for truth and light that also encludes the spiritual.  

Her marriage has broken up but she continues to believe that if you take a step toward life, life will support you.  She finds that ideas come and go in her head and are too countless to write about.  At the same time she can sit down to write and her mind seems empty until she begins.

In writing  about life she finds she is able to express what she is feeling and that is just being herself, not a daughter or mother or wife.  This can mean becoming detached from worries and uncertainties.

"There is something mysterious but obvious about the importance of staying put"
The Journal Keeper  by Phyllis Theroux

Yesterday when I went to visit at the hospital I had to sit as my friend was having tests.  Resting the mind allows the soul to do its work.  I had a beautiful view of White Rock and could even see the ocean.  I watched people coming and going.  A young girl bringing a present for a baby was full of happiness, while others walked slowly not looking forward to their visits.

My friend was glad to see me and share what she was going through.  I cannot imagine being a doctor as they struggle with illness and the unknown causes of what they are discovering,  I feel a deep sadness knowing what it is like to have to face the unknown. 

As I hold her hand and say a prayer I believe that there is a healing power that can awaken within us a healing energy to help us face the fear with faith.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is cool, I like it when you find an author you can really identify with. Because even though we all want to be unique we allso want to be understood, so finding some one who has simular experiences is nice. Sandra

Anonymous said...

Great to find a kindred spirit through writing. Tell me about the picture - where does it come from .It looks like some kind of composite. Jane