Monday, September 26, 2011

FAMILIAR

There is something comforting about the familar.

When we went for our walk in the Water Shed with all it's different paths Morgan and grandpa started back ahead of Ben and I.  "Grandpa" she asked each step along the way, " does this look familiar?"  He wondered if this was a new word she had just learned.  Children are more observant than we realize.

The weather yesterday was a bit crazy, with rain a little sunny period, and a fierce blowing wind that made crashingg noises in our house.  It was amazing it did not blow our sagging fence down.

It is good to see all the familiar faces at church and see the familiar surroundings.  There was a wonderful little group of children that brightens the whole place.  I had a crazy spell of vertigo so left early which was too bad as I wanted to talk to a few people.  I wondered if it had anything to do with the pressure in the atmosphere.  Who knows? 

Today we are off to the library and to do some shopping.  The cupboard is looking bare but it is amazing what you can make with some bits of things here and there.

I enjoy singing the familiar and simple hymns in church.  I notice dad does too.  It is important for me to take time to be in a place of worship where I can find quiet and hear familiar words of scripture.  Time to be free of distractions and tasks that need to be done and let my soul respond to the spiritual that is too often forgotten about or pushed aside. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, if their is nothing familiar around it makes me kind of frantic. The wind and rain just started yesterday at our place as Randy was heading off to work so it was a great time for me to have a nap and then woke up to the sun shining again.
Sandra

Anonymous said...

So were you lost ? I bet Morgan was right .Warm and windy here today.Melina and the kids almost better.
Ken