Wednesday, September 14, 2011

MOVING ALONG

Yes I am moving along slowly.  Our drive after lunch along the quieter country road to Kamloops allowed us to go at our own pace and enjoy nature and the quiet atmosphere.  I am so happy we took our time to enjoy the drive. 

I was looking forward to our visit with Rick in Kamloops and before we knew we were becoming part of the stream of traffic flowing into the city.  We actually drove by his new apartment before we stopped to phone.  Rick drove to meet us and we followed him back to an area of farm like dwellings.

Rick seemed happy but tired surrounded by boxes he had yet to unpack.  He explains his philosophy of life and the creative spirit behind all the busyness of daily work.  His books are all unpacked and look attractively displayed.
He still did not know at this time what plans his son Chris had made to join the travellers.  We were sad to learn later Chris did not feel up to coming along for the ride. 

In every family there are those who choose to keep more to themselves and we accept them.


This is the view from the drive-way at Rick's place.  He is happier to be close to his work and yet live in a spacious area where the sky has replaced the view of the lake.  He now lives in the basement but very private and comfortable. 

We climb up the steep stairs to travel on into Kamloops.  We have supper at Milestones and learn more about Rick's philosophy of life. 

We then drive to our motel on top of the hill looking down on the city.  We can open the sliding door wise and breath in the freshness of the air.  There are chairs outside where we can sit and talk to our neighbors.  Dad was able to talk longer than me; I soon was ready for a bath and bed.  The sun had gone to bed and so did I.
I feel content and spiritually happy as if God's love is resting upon me with a gracious and compassionate light.  My prayer is one of thankfulness.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I figured as much. I posted this morning but then forgot to publish. Sandra

Anonymous said...

Nice pics!

Rick