Thursday, September 29, 2011

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY

It is hard to believe another year has flown by.  I thought you had forgotten dear, because I almost had.
We are certainly looking older but happy to have each other.  I am getting more forgetful and more clumsy but still feel I am very much the same me.  So far we have made no plans but maybe we will get an inspiration now that our day is here.  My guess is 55 years but I am not good at dates. 

Our picture was taken by Sandra at her and Randy's house where we were treated to an excellent dinner make with gluten-free ingredients.  Thank you Sandra for all the effort you both made and especially the thoughtfulness.  Dad and I thoroughly enjoyed every bite!

It was good to have Cameron come for his visit.  He looks very happy and he and Shandel have a few years to catch up on us.  I felt a lot of joy being at their wedding.  Now, I wonder who will be next in our family?

I have a touch of asthma right now that hit me in the fall last year and has decided to visit me again this year.  It is annoying especially when I eat and sleeping at night.  Dad slept better because his shoulder did not bother him last night.  He probably just needed a good meal.

My quote for the day :
"If I can unplug from fantasy ( but not imagination) and bring the real me to the table, the real me as I am at that moment, then I can make room for the real God.

Not just the God others have told me about.

Not just the God I was told I had to believe in.

Nor just the God who is the projection of my wishes, "unquiet thoughts", or "folklore dreams".

God becomes present as gravity, light, heat, friendship, hope, love--the Real Presence, who is really present."

From "Naked Spirituality" by Brian D. Mclaren.

6 comments:

Shandel said...

I am looking forward to the day when we can say we are at oue 55 years Gramma! Congrats to you and Grampa! :D that is truly amazing XOXOX

Anonymous said...

Oh, you know I was thinking about your aniversery just a few days ago. Is it today? Happy Aniversery. It looks like it will be a beautiful day today, I asume you will head down to the Sylvia? Sandra

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary, Beth and Larry!
Yes, the Sylvia sounds like a good plan!

Panteli

larry bennett said...

Happy Annivaersary Dear

Sure dosent feel like fifty-five years - although our marriage day was such a blurr in my little brain - it still just seems like it was yesterday!!

All my love
larry

Anonymous said...

happy anniversary dad and mom.
ken and gang from australia

craig decraene said...

happy anniversary to you guy.