Saturday, May 18, 2019

DAY BY DAY

As I approached the bus stop there was an elderly man in a motorized wheel-chair.  I looked at him and said good morning.  He smiled and said good morning.  Our eyes met and he said take good care of those legs.  I smiled back and said I sure will.

Everyday is a challenge to try and keep healthy to eat right and get some exercise and also some rest.

I come home and all of a sudden I see a bunch of cobwebs that have been hiding but not any more.  The garden is over-grown and full of weeds.  I still have trouble telling the difference between a weed and a flower.  The grass needs cutting again and I do not even water it.  The pack patio is very messy with seeds from the cherry tree.  Dad and I tackle that together.

The cupboards are cluttered but they can wait for a rainy day.

I am reading Henri Nouven who says that healing often comes when we admit our needs and our brokenness.  I like to have a positive attitude but some days one feels overwhelmed and stressed.

"The best way to distress is to bless."  Ann Voskamp

Dad and i are fortunate we have each other and can take turns being a blessing.

He was not able to ride his bike today because he had a fall and hurt his leg. 

So day by day things get done but there is always more to be done to-morrow.

3 comments:

Sandra said...

Yup, keep on walking till you can't walk any more.

Had a pretty successful day doing school work after a very stressful start. For some reason I could not wrap my head around this assignment. I accepted that I might fail and that is OK, it is not the end of the world.

I hope dad did not hurt his leg too badly and is up and riding his bike again soon.

Sandra

beth bennett said...

Dad is finding his hip and leg painful and is taking some pain killers.

He did not ride his bike today.

Love mom

Shandel said...

Hope Grandpa feels better. Its sure can be traumatizing to the body when we fall. I feel like I relate to that explanation of healing. It does always feel better to tell someone what your going through or ask for hell etc.