Monday, May 27, 2019

SILENCE AND SIMPLICITY

A sunny day perfect for silence and resting.

The day ended perfectly as we sat and watched Morgan do her dances.  She was wonderful and looked so beautiful and so happy.  The costumes are simple and colorful.  The hip hop was runners and a plaid shirt and lots of actions.  It takes a few minutes to find Morgan amongst the enthusiastic and active dancers.

You can see that Morgan puts her heart into her dancing.

I had my camera but forgot to take a picture as we meet her in the lobby to give her hugs and flowers.

On the drive their to Abbottsford we stopped at the White Spot.  Dad's hamburger was pathetic but we had to make the best of it. 

I was coughing miserably so dad was all for returning home but I was determined.

The inhaler and an antihistamine and silent prayer helped me to be calm and quiet.

All is well that ends well.

Morgan you were terrific!

It was the best performance ever!

5 comments:

Steady-as-rain said...

I would have liked to have seen Morgan dancing. Another chance down the line, perhaps. I am sure she appreciated you and Dad being there.

I am struggling a bit, health-wise.

Love,

Rick

beth bennett said...

Rick
We are sorry you are having health problems again.

It sure makes life tough.

Praying you will soon improve.

Love mom

Sandra said...

I had a good visit with Janet, though I had made cookies and then forget to put them out, even after we were talking about how we both dont like cooking. Her parents live in the other side of her duplex and up to a couple of months ago cooked 3 dinners a week for her and her kids. She has two daughters and they both still live at home. She spent her 20s traveling so did not get married till later.

Sandra

nancy-Lou said...

ahhhh it is important things like this that kids remember when they are grown up. I am sure it meant a lot to MOrgan to have you make the journey to watch her performance. Good for you!

So sorry to hear that Rick isn't feeling well. It makes it even harder when one still has to work as well. Prayers for you Rick, that good health returns to you soon.

we finally have summer arriving this week after a very cool spring. We had frost again last night. The plants had to come in. The daytime highs are above 20 all week.

Ken had a Tai Chi class this morning and I teach piano lessons after school. Still busy with moving although most of it is done now. combining two houses in to one isn't easy.
I am finishing up moving my art studio...threw out a lot of things I wasn't using. most of it expired. Threw out about half my music too and still have a hundred or so books.
by the time I am done I have given away, sold or threw out about 80% of my things...cathartic.
I lost so much in this past year, but have gained a lot more.
It is a whole life changing year. Everything is different. A lot of lessons But life is so much better. I am very happy .

How are you and Larry managing living in your home? There are so many things to be done aren't there? I found it challenging living alone in my house...having to do all the chores myself, but now I have a partner to do thing too and it is so much easier for both of us.
We have a large vegetable garden and an acre of lakefront property which takes lots of care...but we both enjoy the work.

I wish you a good day today..filled with all the things you enjoy,

Love Nancy

beth bennett said...

Thank you Sandra and Rick and Nancy.

Dad and I are doing reasonably well.
Always work to be done inside and out.
beth
Love