Tuesday, November 12, 2019

FAMILY

We are a family that loves to tell stories.  Sandra shows pictures of the huge tree that was blown down right outside their window in the cabin.  The noise of the wind and falling branches on the roof and te power outages was a night of panic and fear.
Family dinners are great!

First we go and spend time at the grave of dad's grandmothers.
How sad it was for her to lose her two sons because of the war.
Then her relationship with her other son broke down.
She loved her grandson Larry and kept all the newspaper clippings of his success as a hockey player.
Laughing childre rode up and down the paths.

                                                   A candle burns surround by little flags.

Don Cherry has been fired over his racist remarks about those who do not wear a poppy.
He has no regrets about what he said.

When I look at past hurts and disappointments I see that what it has made me do is what to a better learner.  I remember not being allowed sing in the school choir, when I loved to sing, and was sent to a room with boys who did not want to be in the choir.  I decided to study hard and improve my marks.
Learning was hard work for me and I would always have to study very hard.

Over this past year fraught with emotion I remembered  when I could not live with the pain as a young girl I turned to studying.  My goal had been university.

I do not regret how my life turned out with trying to 

learn how to be a mother to four active children.

Brokenness can be the first step to wholeness.

Healing takes time and courage.

I want to read the book Brene Brown has just written.about being vulnerable and rising stronger.


Thankful I have a family to help me learn.

6 comments:

Shandel said...

I read a book by brene brown, I am not sure if it was the rising strong one or not. A friend of mine exchanged a book with me and we read and shared thoughts. It was a couple years ago, I remember they were both very insightful. There is also a documentary with brene brown on netflix. You have reminded me to watch it!

beth bennett said...

Hi Shandel
Both Carol and Sandra like Brene Brown.
And I like the first book I read about imperfection.
Nice to share with others.

Love grama

Steady-as-rain said...

I am glad we got the stone on Granny's grave.

The choir is nice - but they have all sorts of ideas about singing on key and all that kind of stuff that I find hard to do.

Another phone interview today for a job on Vancouver Island. It went fine but the process seems slow.

Love,

Rick

Anonymous said...

Hmm, why isnt there a post from me?

Telling stories, writing, reading, yes, all qualities we share I think.

Sandra

beth bennett said...

Hi Rick
I hope you get some good answers soon.

Hamlet is finding his job application going slow too.

I do not notice if people sing off or on key.

Thanks for the up-date.

Love mom

Anonymous said...

I agree with Don Cheery ... we should all remember and help the Vets .
Ken