Saturday, November 23, 2019

IMPERFECTIONS

Cold and dark and quiet.
Waiting for the light to dawn.

My mom and dad were both perfectionists.  Mom did everything in order to please dad.  I was little afraid of him so also did my best to be tidy and do my homework and be on time.  The trouble was that as a child I often lost what time it was.  I would be punished if I was late.  I know now great worry that fills the heart with dread when people are late.

I am now at the stage of my life where imperfection makes life real.

I have  given up on writing a perfect blog.  It just ain't going to happen.

So these are reasons I appreciate "The spirituality of Imperfection' as related in  the continuing Bible story of a spirituality that speaks to  the inevitability of pain but also the possibility of healing in our
broken and messed up lives. 

Nothing that is out side of me has the power to help me over come this.  It must come from within me.

Religion claims the power to save us from sin but it does not.  It can lead to denial or to guilt.  It means following the rules perfectly with a pure heart that is forgiving and loving.  No human can do this because humans are flawed.

Jesus frees us from the guilt and shame that can prevent us feeling the love and Mercy of God.

"The spirituality of Imperfection speaks to both the inevitability of pain and the possibility of healing within the pain."Kathern Ketcham

"This spirituality speaks to those who seek meaning in the absurd
peace within chaos
light within the darkness.
joy in the midst of suffering."

Going to church being religious does not appeal to a lot of people
but when we awake to the reality of a spiritual power greater than us
and will help us when we call out.

Today dad and I again shopped and prepare and cooked supper.  We did  a pretty good job.
We did not follow the recipe exactly but it turn out fine.

1 comment:

Shandel said...

It always makes things easier when you dont have to follow a recipe perfect. Sometimes it even makes the food better. But it can go the complete wrong way too! Trial and error. And I think life is like that too. We live and we learn. I completely believe there is no such thing as perfect. But sometimes we are so content with things that it can feel perfect. It becomes much more enjoyable when we let go of perfectionism and just be. We are all so unique and wonderful. I do know that in certain times of appointments and meetings etc we must be on time and I too take pride in that. But sometimes things happen or we forget. We are all human and that is right. Flaws are apart of this state. You all are doing an amazing job! So much love.