Monday, November 11, 2019

REMEMBRANCE DAY

I think it is important to wear a poppy.  It is a sign of the importance of the day.  I am thankful to be living in a free country.  So sad to see all the mother's who lost children because of war.  We watch the service from Ottawa on T.V..  It would not have been a bad day to stand outside which we have done for many years.  It is more meaningful when you stand with a group of people to remember.
We will visit grannies grave before going to Carol and Panteli's for supper.

I had a good sleep last night and what a difference it makes.

I have a church in mind that we may attend next Sunday.  It is called the village church.  There is also Newton Bethany that we may visit.  It is good to visit other churches.

Sunday afternoon Sandra dropped by for a interesting visit.  Just what we needed.  We are so blessed to have carrying daughters.

After I phoned my brother Brian.  He really needs some one to talk to.  He is very worried about Traudl but thankful for a slight improvement.  He was expecting to have to have sinus surgery but it is not needed now so that is encouraging.  He did fall trying to walk fast and feels he raked a rib.  That is so very painful.  They are receiving some help which eases the burden Brian feels heavy on his shoulders.

I love the song that use to start the Mary Tyler show "YOU are going to make it after all."

I am happy being me!

I must remember to phone more often.

Dad took Spenser for his second walk as he was very unhappy I went to the store without him.

He is curled up roght now behind my chair.

4 comments:

Shandel said...

Every time we chat with family farther away I'm reminded to phone more. It seems the phone calls are not as regular as it was before. I remember calling ppl all the time. Why has that changed? I'm glad you got a chat in with Cameron. He said it brightened his day.

beth bennett said...

We did enjoy talking to Cameron.

He is veery special.

Love grama

Anonymous said...

One of my favorite memories, which I was thinking about as I drove over to your house on Sunday, was a Remembrance Day before Stephen was born, so would have been 1979 at the house on 53 Ave. It was sunny and quiet and I worked on a little embroidery of a goose.

It was nice to get out and go to dinner last night. My weekend was not the same after the news about the kitten. And yet it wasn't until last night I clued in on my I was feeling sad, but I was trying very hard not to think about it as it just destresses me too much.

Sandra

beth bennett said...

Yes Sandra
Emotions are hard to deal with.

I thought about what you said a lot.

I am glad you had that nice memory.

Quiet day at home. Beans for supper.

Love mom