Friday, October 16, 2020

RETHINKING


 Wasted a lot of time today having trouble down loading pictures.  Dad took a nice picture of Kim and Carol and I at supper last night.  

We went out to buy Spenser a new harness and he refuses to put it on.  It would keep him warmer on a wet morning like today,

I was rethinking what we talked about at the park and seeing the value of a Sabbath day to keep us heathy and peaceful.  

"One's destination is never a place

but a new way of seeing things"  Henri Miller.

I am looking forward to Sunday by creating a more restful day knowing it is good for the soul as well as the body.

5 comments:

Steady-as-rain said...

Spenser seems like a bit of a tyrant, actually. But in a nice, sort of lovable way.

I am off to the lab for a blood test shortly and then was thinking I would call you and Dad around 9:30 am.

Love,

Rick



beth bennett said...

I will not go for a walk until you phone.

Love mom

Steady-as-rain said...

Oh dear - there is a long line-up at the lab and only one technician it seems and I have to wait for a while yet. Maybe take Spenser for a walk now and I will call around 10:45?

Sandra said...

Is someone was smart they would make a business of renting chairs or selling popcorn to all the people who have to wait in the long lines.

Sandra

beth bennett said...

Spenser and I did not mind waiting Rick

It was good to have a visit on the phone.

When we did got for a walk I was thinking about the fourteen years that Spenser
had experienced before he got to come and live with us.
It must effect him a bit I think.

Love mom