Thursday, October 1, 2020

ENJOY

the fall colors

I had a very painful stomach attack which made me realize I had to be more careful.   I can easily be careless.  I was upset thinking I would not be able to walk Spenser which I always feel makes me feel good. A good kind of tired.

I think about dad and all the pain he is living with right now.

I asked him what he was able to enjoy during the day.  He enjoys sitting out in our back yard.

He enjoys eating out and chatting with friendly waitresses.
HE enjoys cleaning up the kitchen making it shine.

I take time to think about what I enjoy.
 
I enjoy my walk with Spenser and the friendly people we meet and the beauty I see as I walk.
I enjoy the friendly people at the store..
I enjoy the quiet of the morning and my first cup of coffee.
I enjoy the birds singing and flying so high,
I love watching the humming bird and the tiny butterflies.

I feel life changing for the better.
I enjoy being me.
I am a woman of faith and compassion. who is trusting and caring aand generous.
I love my family.  I enjoy hearing what they are doing.
I love reading and writing.

I believe in the power of prayer.
I am glad I can pray for others 
and feel the love that comes from their prayers for me and our family.

After all I did me someone I have stayed married to for 64 years!

 

8 comments:

Sandra said...

I enjoy pulling weeds.

I use to enjoy baking.

I enjoy walking at sunrise and sunset.

I enjoy a good book that makes you sad when it ends.

I double triple quadruple enjoy visiting the kids and grandkids!

Hope you and dad get to celebrate your anniversary sooner or later.

Sandra

Steady-as-rain said...

That is a pretty photo of a sunflower.

I'm sorry you had a tummy attack.

64 years is a long time to be married.

I am now reading up about the side effects of my new drugs. Looks a bit unnerving, actually. Baby aspirin too.

I am back home now.

Love

Rick

beth bennett said...

Sandra, I wonder why you do not like cooking anymore.
I know that I sure don't.

Rick The side affects are a big worry
but os the need for them out weigh that.

Dad talked to the doctor and I spoke up and
told him I was concerned that he is getting weaker
and losing weight.
The doctor is going to have some blood work done,
this will mean stanting outside at the clinic.

We carry on.

Love mom

Anonymous said...

Wow those are good lists , I enjoy that first cup of coffee , I enjoy being first up and the quite it allows me. I enjoy a cuddle from my children but they are all too big now . I enjoy swimming in a clear Canadian lake in summer. I enjoy body surfing at the beach in Australia . I enjoy cooking dinner on the BBQ .

I did my two laps this morning , my knee was no better but no worse. We finally get our turn in the pool 13:30-14:45 temp will be 37C , lucky us .......

5 MORE NIGHTS LEFT .......YIPPEE

KEN

Shandel said...

I love these lists.

I enjoy going to bed early
I enjoy the first sips of hot coffee
I enjoy walking my dog
I enjoy long distance driving
I enjoy silence

beth bennett said...

I enjoy reading your comments.

Nice to hear from you Shandel

Ken enjoy your swim!.

Have an enjoyable time to-morrow.

Love mom (grandma)

Sandra said...

\You do know you can make appointments now when getting blood work done so you do not have to stand in line?

Did dad finally talk about his concern over his stomach pain being something more serious?

Up early today as I need to do some work before I can pack up then head to the mountains to join the girls.

Sandra

beth bennett said...


Sandra
Have a wonderful relaxing time.
Lovemom