Tuesday, October 13, 2020

SKILLED


                                               Skilled hands grow our vegetables and fruits

                                                 that provide us with the nourishment we need.

Today  I am up early as usual and as I am praying for Rick I think of the skilled hands of the doctor's and nurses who will be doing the procedure on his heart.  I know it must take a special skill.  There must be a good reason he had to drive to Kelowna to get the best.  We had a short chat last night  and we are thankful the drive went well.  He is feeling anxious of course.  He is staying in a B.&B.  We wish we could be there and will be anxious to hear news from him.

We are hoping and trusting for good results bring that relief for  the pains in his chest.

Linda, Larry's wife will have had her surgery by now.  We are praying that goes well also.

Talked to my brother yesterday and he sounded like he was having a bad day.  I am reminded of how fragile we all are.  He says every day is a challenge for him.  He questions himself  about if he could have done something better.

At times we need to find comfort and healing from those who care for us and who love us.

I know I need unconditional hugs every day.  I have missed our family hugs during this time of social distancing.  I looked forward to better days in the future!

Happy Anniversary to Randy and Sandra.  We remember the Thanksgiving day when we were present at your marriage.

Dad had a better sleep and so did I.

3 comments:

nancy-Lou said...

A belated Happy Thanksgiving to all the Bennet family...I wrote on your Thanksgiving post and almost finished and pressed the wrong key and lost it! I have done that before....darn.

Yes, finding love and comfort from those who love us, is such a wonderful feeling. Just knowing that they care and take the time out of their busy lives to help us or just have a cup of tea and a chat is very kind.

we had a thanksgiving dinner for two, Ken and I. Our family were at the other side of the family's house for Thanksgiving dinner. We didn't go and now can't see them for two weeks...there were only 11 there, but more than the immediate household. The Covoid virus is leaping ahead here. Sadly it is in two personal care homes and there are a lot of case and quite a few deaths. So tragic for those poor old folks...just sitting ducks. there were 124 cases today, mostly in Winnipeg.

We had to go to Selkirk, a small city, north of Winnipeg. Ken and my Son, Mark went to order building materials from Home Hardware and I placed a grocery order where they do the shoppiing and have it all ready for you to pick up. We didn't go anywhere else. That will be it for any going out for a while now. We are so stocked up with groceries...my cupboards and pantry are full. freezers too. Stay home and stop the spread. I don't know why they don't put winnipeg in the red zone...well I do, I guess...our premier is conservative and worried about the business's that will have to shut down...but in the meantime the virus is spreading through restaurants, bars and gyms...as well as careless people in groups.
I think the red zone is coming soon...the rate of infections is up to 4.4 % and at 5 it is mandatory.
Fortunately our area is free of the virus and we hope that is continues.

How are you managing? Are you having groceries delivered? Staying home? Except for doctors appointments etc...is the virus spreading there too?

Well I have to go and pick up a young fella who is going to do a little work for us ourside...off the school bus.

hope you are well
love to all
Nancy

Anonymous said...

good to hear you both slept well . I had a quite day. Went to the gym , rode a bike , then swam in the pool. I am not sure if the bike helped or hurt my knee. I went for a walk to do some shopping and my knee was very sore. I had dinner in town then walked home.Tonight I am going to dinner with Brittany and Hobey and their partners Cade and Cidney . Mexican at 8pm , hope ii can stay awake. Thursday morning , tomorrow , I fly back to Melbourne.
GOOD LUCK TO RICK !!!
KEN

Sandra said...

Is that the same Mexican restaurant that we went to when we were there?

Glad to hear Ricky has come out ok, but now he will have to start counting his steps and catching up to Kenny and I.

Sandra