Tuesday, July 6, 2021

ADAPTABLE

This year we have been learning to be adaptable.

Not always easy.

Yesterday I heard from two old friends, Cathy and Caroline.
We have helped each other through many difficult times.
We often prayed together.

Cathy prayed for me last night and I woke up with NO pain this morning.

Today walked over to the Post Office with Spenser and had pain.  It maybe was a litle too far.

We expected Carol today but the day has been changed until Thrusday.  The rules are very strick.

Ianother good friend when I went out to take some pictures.  She is younger and walks farther than I can, much farther than I can now.  She tells me she too is having back and hip pain.  She is on medication and likw me needs it to do her walk.

Dad and I are fortunate Sara is here to help us but things will change when she gets a better job.  That may not happen until Sept.  She will come Monday and Firiday if she gets a better job.

The only way to accept life is to adapt to the changes,
ant pray and ask God to help us with chamges.

It is important every day to make life affirming choices.

6 comments:

nancy-Lou said...

Nice you have help at home now. You have done so much over the years and now it is your time to take it easy.
I cannot paste a photo here. Tried one. It was a lovely shot of our pier. Sunset.
We are so lucky to live in such a quiet beautiful place. Although we have 4,000 cottagers here but we live away from the cottage area. You wouldn’t know it here. We live on the original quarter section of land that the Ateah grandparents settled on in 1906. We subdivided and have two acres.
I hope this comment goes through. I am using my phone. Not desk too

nancy-Lou said...

Yay, it worked! Have a lovely day and a good sleep tonight. Love, Nancy

Shandel said...

Its nice to have old friends. I am making some new friends at work. Now that some restrictions are lifting we can have little get togethers. Its nice to meet new people. Thankful the heat wave broke.

Shandel said...

Being adaptable is a very good skill.

Sandra said...

Sorry, I generally crash at night and am quick to be in bed. Mary is out tonight with the kids visiting Kim and Dave who she use to nanny for so I am up later than usual waiting for her. We had a nice surprise Stephen had another trip down and so he was able to visit with Mary and the kids. Stephen and Shawna have their trip booked and they will be down on July 24th
Sandra

Ken Bennett said...

I have decided to get surgery on my knee. I don't know when but I hope it's soon. I have also booked in for my covid shot.
Very cold here 1c this morning. Watching the hockey game 5, 5 mins to go Tampa leading!

Ken